Executive summary: We do technical consulting within JDE, sometimes referred to as development. We do not typically do straight CNC or functional consulting.
We do Technical Consulting within Oracle’s J.D. Edwards ERP systems. This would include both the World (iSeries platform) and EnterpriseOne system (personal computer-based).
Technical consulting is one of the three specialties within J.D. Edwards consulting: Functional, Technical, and CNC. Technical refers to the modification or development of J.D. Edwards applications and business functions of various types.
Technical consultants are usually exposed to various areas within J.D. Edwards and can often act as a functional as well as technical resource. We have experience in the following areas of the system:
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
- Order to Cash
- Sales Order Entry
- Advanced Pricing
- Advanced Warehousing
- Advanced Transportation
- Order to Cash
- Real Estate
We are able to perform the following tasks:
- Write, modify, and troubleshoot the following:
- Interactive applications
- Batch applications (UBEs)
- Conversion programs
- Named event rule (NER) business functions
- C language business functions
- Embedded BI Publisher Objects
- Menus and E1 Pages
- Work within Object Management Workbench
- Proficiently work within the tool set
- Debug programs and business functions
- Determine system level problems
- Create versions and modify processing options
- Document technical processes
We have more than two decades of consulting experience, and have been employees of J.D. Edwards (the company) as well as end user companies.